Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Season Rambling

Our Christmas baking is nearly done. Last night, we baked around 6-7 batches of brownies, and about four batches of chocolate revel bars (for some reason, we've called them "fudge bars" ever since my mom started baking them in the late 80s-early 90s). My only regret is that I'm unable to upload any photos, although I did attempt to take some pictures. Maybe when we get our card reader back from H's sister, I'll be able to post some pictures.

Simbang Gabi goodies, continued: Yesterday, it was dinuguan, which is a stew made from pig's blood, and puto, or rice cake. I thought the dinuguan was a little watery, but nicely sour-salty, which went well with the puto.

This morning it was goto, which is basically arroz caldo with tripe instead of chicken. I wouldn't mind if the sponsors for the breakfast would serve goto or arroz caldo the rest of the remaining Simbang Gabi days. The spicy warmth and thickness of the soup is just right for a chilly December morning.

No comments: